It’s my middle daughter’s birthday today. She’s 12 years old. Hard to believe this is the last year she’ll officially be a kid. Next year I will have two teenagers. But it has become a thing with me to write some things about my kids on their birthday. To be exact, I write the number of things as they are years. So here are 12 things about my pre-teen daughter.
12 Things About My 12 Year Old
- She is very matter of fact. She knows what she knows and doesn’t suggest she knows otherwise.
- She pushes herself and sets very lofty goals for herself none the less. You will never see someone work as hard as she does.
- Her favorite color is green although, she is starting to get into pink. Apparently yellow has been overdone as that used to be one of her favorite colors. Times, they are a changin’.
- She wants to be a hairdresser when she grows up, or a teacher like her big sister, or a chef like her daddy wants to be.
- She is really good at math.
- Her favorite Disney character is Tinkerbell.
- She has a hard time throwing things away, but she has a plan for everything she keeps.
- She loves art. She’s often in her room making something.
- She is very giving, always wants to get gifts for people and she very carefully thinks about exactly what they would like.
- She usually likes to help out with things.
- She’s very agreeable, most of the time.
- She talks, a lot.
And that is my newly turned 12 year old. I hope you’ll wish her a happy birthday today.