Last birthday post or a while, I promise. My oldest daughter is 15 today. That of course makes this a pretty special day for me as well since I have been a mother for 15 years today. Hard to believe. I have messed up a lot, but my daughter (or any of my kids for that matter) don’t seem any worse off for that. As a matter of fact my daughter is pretty amazing. Here are 15 things that make her so awesome…
- She takes really good care of all of her younger siblings. Even the one closest in age to her, most of the time. She helps her with homework.
- She is really smart. Probably smarter than she gives herself credit for.
- She has her father’s sense of humor and smart mouth which is really endearing, but also really aggravating sometimes.
- Family is very important to her.
- She is very sensitive to other people’s feelings.
- At such a young age she has already set so many amazing goals for her future.
- She is a rule follower.
- A bit of a people pleaser.
- She is a homebody.
- She loves with her whole heart, but watch out if you betray her.
- She doesn’t forget anything.
- She loves Moe’s Queso.
- She is often very childish and playful which is great because she’s not in any big hurry to grow up.
- She does not like change, but once she accepts it she excels.
- She is turning into quite an amazing young lady that I am so lucky to have the pleasure of raising and watching learn and grow.
And that is just a small fraction of what a great kid my newly turned 15 year old is. I love that we get to experience so many firsts together as parent and child. Walking this path with her thus far has been great and I look forward to seeing what the future holds for her. The skies the limit.
Happy 15th birthday to my first born. I hope it has been an amazing day. It’s not so bad to be halfway to thirty, is it?