I proclaimed yesterday that I was going to do my own version of the NaNoWriMo and I would blog at least every weekday for the month of November. It was easy to make that proclamation yesterday because I knew I already had today’s topic.
My one and only son turns 9 today. Nine years ago today I was on an operating table having a c-section so I could meet my boy. What a meeting it was too. My little baseball head. I marveled at how round and baseball like his head was. Born for greatness for sure. He hasn’t disappointed either. What a great addition to the family he has been. I couldn’t think of a better way to kick off my attempt to climb back in blogging to tell you all about the super special, super awesome super handsome GQ birthday boy.
Yes, I know I’m partial, but I dare you to look into this boys eyes and not just fall in love. I’m hooked, that’s for sure. So as I’ve done for many birthdays before here on my blog, I have 9 things to tell you about my birthday boy, who I would like to point out begrudgingly is a pre-teen (shudders).
- He is super stubborn. Imagine how fun it is when we get into a battle of wills because I am also very stubborn. So far I still win most of our battles, but the older he gets, the tougher he gets.
- He loves baseball. More specifically he loves Mets baseball. His love for the game was only sealed that much more when we went to see a few games this past spring and summer and he ended up on the Jumbo Screen a few times and even got a Lucas Duda autographed baseball given to him.
- He also loves Monster Trucks. Grave Digger is his favorite. He even got the drivers autograph this year and the flag given to him off the Grave Digger track.
- He is magnetic. People are clearly just drawn to him. At that baseball game there were tons of kids that could have been given an autographed baseball and asked to be on the Jumbo Screen, but he was chosen. At another baseball game this summer while watching warm ups Bartolo Colon tossed him a ball. Sadly some young men stepped in front of him and snatched the ball so he didn’t get the souvenir, but at another game we went to while sitting in our seats for warm ups a National’s player tossed him a ball. And lets not forget the flag he received off of Grave Digger’s truck. People are just drawn to him and his enthusiasm.
- He is an amazing big brother. He puts up with a lot from his little sister. He takes it all in stride and I think even with a little bit of pride as well.
- He is very considerate of others. He always wants to bring in extra snack for his friends or even his teacher.
- He’s a Nerf fanatic. He has quite the arsenal of Nerf guns. All of the neighbor kids know where to do when they want to have a Nerf fight that’s for sure.
- He is so very funny. He’s always making me laugh with the things he says and does.
- He’s awesome. Just plain and simple all of this adds up to complete and total awesomeness. It’s not a wonder people are so drawn to him, is it?
And there you have it. That’s my newly turned 9 year old. Won’t you take the time to wish him a very happy 9th?