Welcome to 2013. It’s amazing we have made it this far. I know I’m still amazed that the world did not fall into a tail spin when the clock struck midnight on January 1, 2000. So each year after that is totally a gift, right?
So as we start anew everyone is talking about what they are going to do different in 2013. Resolutions they are making. Truth be told many many years ago I gave up on resolutions. I was tired of starting them all gung ho and then a month or two into the year falling off my mission and eventually wallowing in self pity and feeling like a failure only to vow once again that I’m going to do something and stick to it the next year and then don’t. The same old, lather, rinse, repeat cycle. I just can’t do it anymore.
Resolutions can be a great thing though. And I do have some things I would really like to finally accomplish for myself this year. I am hesitant about calling them resolutions. Really, aren’t resolutions just promises of growth? We should all always want to grow and learn anyways so here are the ways I hope to grow this year.
Monica’s Growth Predictions For 2013
- I really would like to get myself more organized. In 2012 I started my menu plan which has been super helpful. So moving on from that I would like to really tackle the paper clutter in my home. I’m tired of things going missing and having piles of paper in every room.
- Volunteer more. It wasn’t that long ago that it seemed like all I ever did was help others. PTA president, girl scout leader, advisory boards, and it just seemed to go on and on. Then when I got pregnant with my youngest and I had 3 kids in 3 different schools all of that stuff went by the wayside. While I have really gotten back into the PTO this year I know I can and should do more in the community.
- Continue to grow my blog readership while still remaining true to myself. 2012 was good to me on my blog, but I know I can do better. And with a plan, which I have, I know I can see the gains I want to on here.
- Eating healthier. This is a tough one for me. I look at people who work so hard to stay fit and wish I had that kind of dedication and I try for a little while, but chocolate lures me back. And yes, I know moderation. But chocolate is an evil temptress and one I am unable to say yes to only in moderation. However, I really do much better when I’m held accountable. When other people are relying on me and wanting to hear my successes I find myself doing more. Hey, my Menu Plan Sunday is still going strong all of these months later. I have never gotten past probably two months with that before. You all keep me going with things. So I’m biting the bullet this year and bringing you along for the ride with me. Be on the lookout for that plan. I think it’s going to be a winner.
- Growing my business. For over 13 years I have found myself without any real income. I did some writing in the beginning on Epinions which was pennies a hit back in the day. So no regular check. Well, in 2012 that changed after a wonderful opportunity I received to intern with Kelly McCausey and Mom’s Talk Network. And she truly has been the gift that keeps on giving. Now with a weekly income, albeit very small, I want to expand on that. The monthly income I do make from this has been paying for two of my monthly bills. It’s nice to be contributing financially to the household again and I would like to keep that up on a larger scale. Being able to stay home with the kids while making any sort of income is this mother’s dream come true.
I think these are attainable goals for myself. Well, I hope. I know where my weaknesses are so I’m going to have to be extra diligent in those areas. But with the help of you all I know I can do this.
What goals have you set for yourself in 2013?