What a great way to end the week with some of the funny moments from my week. Of course as we know parenting is tough, but it has one of the greatest rewards, if done right anyways. And the reward of daily laughter is one.
We have had a fun week with concerts and end of the school year stuff. My 4 year old son especially is a laugh a minute. The imagination on this kid is amazing. The other kids have their moments too, but the big girls are full of teenage angst. But I am going to try to come up with something that each of my kids did to make me laugh this week.
- On Wednesday my son’s teacher called up to talk to me about his eye. He had a red eye when he got to school and the teacher was worried something had happened to him while he was on the bus so she was asking him about it. He told his teacher that his sister (my 10 year old) poked him in the eye with a stick that morning. That it was while he was waiting for the bus and that I wasn’t out there with them. Ha, that was quite the tale since his sister was not outside with him waiting for the bus at all. I was out there with him because I have to put him on the bus while his sister was finishing getting ready for school. I asked my son about it when he got home and he had the same story. I guess at least he’s consistent with his tales. I wonder if he really believed that’s what happened to him.
- My baby girl isn’t talking much these days, but she’s still a laugh riot none the less. The one word she does say is cat (“at”). She chases the cat around the house saying at, at, at and when she catches up to him she puts her head up to his butt kind of like she’s trying to snuggle with him. Thankfully the cat is a good sport and hasn’t gone after her.
- My oldest daughter (13) thought she was quite funny when standing on our neighbor’s porch and our neighbor went down to get something that had fallen she tossed water down on her just missing her. Scared the daylights out of the woman and she wasn’t amused, but we all got a laugh out of it. Of course our neighbor is a great sport and did think it was funny too, but I’m thinking my daughter better watch her back for my neighbor to exact her revenge.
- My middle daughter (10) had a loose tooth this week. This is something like her 11th tooth she has lost, but you would have thought it was first the way she carried on about it. It was just hanging there and she wouldn’t let anyone near it and she wouldn’t just yank it out. She did finally get it out though after going off and hiding she came out tooth in hand shouting with excitement that she got it out.
- I’m out of kids so I’ll go back to my son, the comedian. After school one day we had a very detailed conversation about one of his classmates boogers. Apparently this boy eats his boogers and he had to tell me all about the shape and color of it and what was in it. Dirt was what was in it, phew. Glad I didn’t get any other detailed description other than just dirt. It’s bad enough that I know the color of it.
So those were my laughs courtesy of my children this week. I am linking up with Mommyhood Chronicles to share my 5 laughs. Go check it out for a good laugh.